Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Letter

A couple of weeks ago I received a letter in the mail. I saw it was from the school, but didn't really think much of it... until I opened it. It was a letter telling us when Kindergarten Roundup was, and basically an enrollment intent form for... Karis. Now, it's no earth-shattering revelation that Karis will be going to Kindergarten this Fall. We've planned for it, talked about it, and I've dreamed about what life will be like with the time I will finally have to get our home organized, paint some rooms, do some decorating, etc, etc. (Yeah, wishful thinking, I'm sure.) Anyway, when I read this letter, it struck me right in the heart. It hit me hard and in such a way that I wasn't expecting. My baby's going to school!! And since then, it's like I look at Karis in a whole new way. Yes, some days she still looks like a little toddler with her sweet baby face, then other days she looks entirely too grown up. But regardless of what she looks like to me on any particular day, I see her as leaving. As having these last precious months with her at home. I'm sad my life has been so busy (** See previous post... What have I done?! **), but want to cherish this Mommy-and-Karis time. And try to prepare her as best I can for the big change. Oh sure, she's more than excited and ready to be a Kindergartener. But am I ready? I guess I need to start preparing myself because it'll be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Gulp! yeah, you sort of think your little girl will be 4 forever...one year away for me (kindergarten roundup, that is)
Can't believe I am just NOW reading this post...holy cow! I sort of left Blogger in the dust--