First up, our church Christmas program. Sadly, the two shots I got of them during the performance did not turn out at all. I have most of the songs on video, but will spare you that much. But what I did get with my digital camera was this one quick shot after the performance was finished. The boys had already removed their animal "costumes", and Karis was nearly out of her angel costume. So I asked them to get back into their program clothes so I could get this quick picture. And here they are:

Nate's a sheep, Karis an angel (obviously), and Ben a dog.
Then today they had their elementary music Christmas program. We were asked to not take pictures during the singing, but once they finished, it was hard to grab a shot before everyone started moving around and exiting the risers. Sadly, Ben's picture was much too blurry. But here is Nate.

The boys were to dress as either reindeer or an elf. Nate obviously chose the reindeer. And I had to kind of chuckle when I saw how he'd put on his headband. I guess he wasn't sure how to wear the headband (we had tried it both ways at home and thought the other way looked/worked better), but ended up wearing it this way. It pushes his ears forward, but that's what makes it more cute. :) Then Ben was an elf with a green, felt (and very time consuming) hat. Talk about an undertaking trying to fashion all of this "head gear" last night.
Karis was to be a snowflake. Most kids wore white, but I thought it'd be fun to put a snowflake over her head. Looks kind of silly here, but with the rest of the bunch, made for a sweet, festive look. :)

Then after school today Karis could not WAIT to get out and play in the snow. With windchills in the negative numbers, I wasn't sure I wanted her outside very long. But she took advantage of the few minutes I granted her. :) She's definitely my snow lover.
You can't play in fresh snow and not do a snow angel - so that was first on Karis' agenda.

Then over to the slide to push off all of the accumulated snow.

About this time our neighbor, Karis' best friend, made her way over to join in the fun. They did angels together...

Then rolled around the yard.

And in true Karis-fashion, she gobbled up more snow than I care to know. She eats the stuff like it's candy! Here's her post snow-snack face. What a cutie... oh child of mine. :)
3 comments:
i think ben is actually supposed to be a goat. ;) i don't remember and dogs being at the stable w/ the manger, but i guess it's possible. ha!
I know... but he was quite adamant that he was a DOG, and wanted to make sure we knew he was a DOG, and Nate was the sheep. Found out later from one of the adult helpers that his costume was supposed to be something else (probably the goat you're referring to!), but that because of Ben's insistence, they all agreed that they wouldn't burst his bubble, and he would be called a DOG.
that's hilarious!
well, anyway, i forgot to comment on karis and her friend almost TOTALLY matching snow outfits..i thought i was seeing double ;)
Post a Comment