Here's Psalm 112:7 in NIV:
He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Now here's how I read it the other day:
He does not fear bad news nor live in dread of what may happen
because he has settled in his heart that Jehovah will take care of him. (emphasis mine)
Wow. Talk about a verse to live by. And actually, this is now one I will be memorizing and putting up somewhere in our home. See, I am a big-time worrier. To the point where I'll think about what could happen (Kurt gets in a car wreck on a business trip; the kids fall and break a bone; etc.), and I'll get all worked up about this "possible" scenario and allow the feelings to overtake me. But what I'm realizing in these situations is that I have not "settled in my heart" that God is in control. I've let my human, fluctuating and vacillating feelings dictate my life, instead of trusting in our all-powerful God and resting in the fact that He has everything in His hands. And nothing will come to pass that hasn't come through Him first.
This is certainly something I need to strive for - the "settling in my heart" thing. Now while this is a huge challenge for me, it is also a tremendous encouragement. Our awesome God is going to take care of me and I can find true comfort in that.
1 comment:
Amen
Post a Comment