Monday, October 16, 2006

What HAVE I done?!!

I have done what I did NOT want to do.... I've over-committed myself. I realize this is a common phenomenon, but for me, it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous. And that's not in a good sort of way. I said last year that I needed to say "no" to some things -- and granted, I did drop one group. But sadly, I added a home business, then significantly increased my responsibilities in various other groups. Hmmmm. That really doesn't balance itself out, does it? And everyone's feeling that sense of unbalance. No one is receiving the 100% I want to give. I'm being spread too thin, and each area of my life -- family, church, friends, clubs, business -- is getting a frazzled, unorganized, tired me. And this is NOT how I want to be! Just a few minutes ago I received a phone call.... someone wanting something else from me. But this was something I wanted to say "yes" to, yet all the other things that are crowding my calendar make saying "yes" a not-so-easy thing to do. I sigh, "One more thing to add to my already busy schedule."

So, what do I want to be like? I'd like to drop a bunch of these "extra" things, slow my life down a bit (actually, a LOT) so that I have the energy to give to my husband and kids, and so when those calls do come in, I can easily say, "Yes! I'm available and would be more than willing to help out with that"... because I believe in it and have the time. Some of you may be thinking that that may be a nice dream, but doesn't really ever happen. Well, it's my goal to make that happen. My family, my friends, myself depends on that. I have to say, I wonder what amazing things God is not able to do in and through my life right now because I'm just too busy. ?? It's a scary thought. And I'd like to change things so I won't have to wonder.

1 comment:

Kari said...

wow...yeah, I can relate 100%!!!! Glad to know I'm not alone--what's that they say, "misery loves company"?
Ok, now repeat after me
JUST SAY NO, JUST SAY NO, JUST SAY NO....
ha!