There really isn't anything earth shattering about the things I'm going to enter in today's blog. It's just some every day, fun-with-the-kids kind of stuff. But it makes my heart smile, so I wanted to include it.
This first picture was taken a couple of evenings ago. Actually, the day after Thanksgiving, to be exact. Kurt had gotten out the first puzzle of the season, so the dining room table was covered in puzzle pieces. It was time for dinner and frozen pizza seemed the easiest thing to throw in the oven. Okay, nothing terribly exciting yet -- but to make the meal more fun, the kids got to eat at the coffee table! And better yet, we got out our leftover Cars birthday paper plates, napkins, and even party hats. Who says you can't celebrate and have fun, just because?! And what could be more fun to a kid than pizza for dinner, eating away from the dining table, and using fun birthday plates?! The kids thought it was wonderful -- and I had to get a picture to capture the moment. Say "Pizza with CHEESE!"....

This next set of pictures was another spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Something jarred my memory about these silly faces, so Karis and I HAD to give them a try. The boys were in school at the time, so Karis and I had fun making faces and planning to give Nate and Ben this hilarious show.
Now I don't know if any of you remember doing this when you were younger, but I sure do! I remember the first time I saw it -- it was my oldest sister Andrea and her friend Joann who put on a show for my other sister, Val and I. And I remember laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants. And you know what? Today, all these years later, it still makes me crack up. So, what are these "faces" I'm talking about? Take a peek at Karis and you'll know .....




She's a natural at it, don't ya think?!
Yes, these are just some silly every day kind of happenings, but it's the stuff memories are made of. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment