Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Warm Paws

Today I reluctantly put on my first pair of shorts for the summer season. Sure, we've had shorts-weather already, but I've been putting it off because of my pasty white legs. But with temps that were supposed to get pretty high today, I new the inevitable needed to happen. So I bit the bullet and did the deed.

Now in the afternoon, something unexpected happened - and only because I had worn shorts instead of jeans or capris. I was here at the computer downloading the pic for my previous post when Frodo decided to jump onto my lap. This isn't anything unusual as he does it all the time. He's a very social kitty and loves to sit on laps and get attention. Well today when he jumped onto my lap I immediately felt warm paws. It was a vivid sensation I hadn't felt in, well, three seasons. And even though it was something completely trivial, unexpected, and probably not very blog-worthy, it made me smile. :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

some of the most trivial, silly things are the most blog-worthy ones! ;)
kitties are great, aren't they? my kitties paws would have not only be warm but probably would have left blood dripping from my legs. frodo's declawed right?