Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Photo Op

This afternoon I was needing to get a picture of the kids for a Father's Day gift. And of course, in true Danelle-fashion, I left all of it to the last minute so needed to get the pic taken TODAY so I could download it and order the gift so it will arrive in time for the big day. So I tried to get the kids all excited about this "photo op", showed them what the finished product would look like, etc, etc - then got them all ready... hair combed and teeth brushed. I asked them to stand close (probably my big mistake) as I needed a vertical shot. And from there it was chaos. Giggling and being absolutely silly... running around outside of the camera range... and being generally uncooperative. I tried in vain to get a focused shot and when I realized that wasn't going to happen, gave in to the fact that this year, the Father's Day gift wasn't going to turn out like I'd hoped. In reality, though, the gift would very accurately reflect the stage of life our kids are in... a time of blurry pictures, giggles, and goofing off. I suppose that's what memories are made of, isn't it?





1 comment:

Kari said...

that's so cute!! some pictures NEED to be used regardless of how focused they are!!!!