Friday, May 02, 2008
Chocolate or Vanilla?
This is actually a question I ask our kids every single day. Really! No, we're not going through the ice cream cartons two at a time... but rather, the kids are brushing their teeth. Yup. I found some ice cream flavored toothpaste! What spurred this on is Ben's absolute loathing of mint or bubbles. Put those two together, and you have your typical toothpaste, and one VERY unhappy child. Getting Ben to brush his teeth was a chore every day. Then I remembered a few years back when we found our current pediatric dentist. She'd sent us home with a sample of chocolate ice cream flavored toothpaste. I really don't know what happened to that sample, but a few weeks ago, being fed up with this constant, daily struggle, decided to see if there was anything I could do about it... so started searching online for this "elusive" toothpaste. (Our dentist no longer gives out those samples, otherwise I would have asked for more!) So, I did finally find this "Tasty Paste", as it's called. They have various flavors of toothpaste, but I opted for the standard chocolate and vanilla ice cream varieties. :) Granted, it was quite spendy, but so far, has been worth it seeing Ben (and in fact, all the kids) more excited about brushing their teeth. Hooray! Now.. if we can just get him to overcome his fears of the actual dentist...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment