Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Unexpected

A friend so kindly reminded me yesterday that it'd been awhile since I had posted and that it was time for a new post! So here's a post for you, Kristi! :)

No pictures today, and basically a message everyone's already heard, but it's where I am - so it's what you get to hear. :)

Yesterday I received something unexpected. And boy, did it do my heart good. I'm not sure what it is about those unexpected things? Because even though I sincerely appreciate and love receiving the expected things (like for birthdays, special occasions, etc.), it's those "random acts of kindness" coming when you least expect it that really make an impact. Maybe it's knowing that people are thinking and caring about you even during the mundane everyday times. I just know that how I felt when I opened the door yesterday and saw the lady from the flower shop ( ... What? The lady from the flower shop? What's she doing here?!)... handing me a sweet vase of tulips (my favorite!)... and a heartfelt message inside... that I felt appreciated and loved... (as I get all teary again just typing that!).

Sooooo, my challenge to you is... go out and do something unexpected for someone else this week! It doesn't have to take a lot of time or money to do. But make their day extra special... just because. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW- I feel so honored, you updated your blog just for me. If only my kids listen as well as you do!

Kristi

Anonymous said...

who was it from? who was it from!?
leave me hangin here... :)