Yesterday I went to the kids' school and ate lunch with Karis. It had been awhile since I'd done that, so it was high time for another "date". And from what I gathered, it had been awhile since ANY parent had come to the elementary school to have lunch because from the moment I went to Karis' classroom to the time I left, I felt like a celebrity. The kids were in constant demand of my attention. Once we sat down to eat, one little boy from another class came over and proclaimed, "Hey, you used to be my neighbor!!" And sure enough, I had. Three years ago. It just seemed an odd thing to come over to me and say. ?? Anyway, the attention didn't stop at the cafeteria lunch table. Karis wanted me to come outside and watch her for awhile at recess, and I gladly obliged. But once outside, every little girl wanted me to watch her. "Look at me! Look at what I can do!" "Watch me twirl on the bars!" "Can you help me across the monkey bars?" "Karis' mommy, watch this!" and on and on. I felt like the most popular mom, ever. :) I could hardly leave the playground! Like a friend said, despite the near constant attention, at least there were no paparazzi. Ha!
Some other things going on... last night our kids were invited to a friend's church for a "Lock-in". No, they weren't locked in the church all night - just from 6 until 10. They had games and activities, crafts, a bouncy castle thing, a "Wii" room, snacks, a movie, and a devotional. Just a jam-packed evening. And for Kurt and me, we had this sudden evening of kid-freedom! So we decided to make the most of it and have a date night. It felt good to get out and have some one-on-one time. And vegging at the movie theater was actually what sounded good to both of us. ;)
One event that is coming up here shortly is the kids' elementary talent show at school. I didn't know about it last year, so didn't have the chance to even see if the kids wanted to participate or not. Well, this year Karis wants to do something for the show. And what does she want to do? Dance. Oh my. Seriously, I've seen her dance before and it is quite the entertainment (and not "talent", per say). One evening awhile ago when the kids put on a show for us, she did a series of "dances" and I could not help but cover my mouth and laugh so hard I cried. And the sad part of it was that she wasn't trying to be funny about it. So who knows what's going to come of this talent show dance she wants to do. We'll have to see what she has in mind, and possibly tweak it a bit. Ha!
Today we (as in, Kurt) ventured into another home improvement project. Oh yes, indeed. This wasn't the start of the unfinished side of the basement, though, even though that is the next thing we'd like to fix up. No, this was something more of a necessity. See, our upstairs shower had started leaking, and leaking badly. We knew it was time to take out the shower unit (which was horribly old and in need of replacing). We figured it would most likely end up being a fairly extensive remodel, and wouldn't you know, once Kurt ripped out the drywall and the shower unit today, it was apparent the "fix" was going to be a major one. Ugh. It's hard to say how long it will take to finish. Prayerfully no other surprises will surface during the course of the project.
Then lastly, my latest news is that I'm flying out to Oregon in just under two weeks! I realized I had a free plane ticket coming my way, so as a spur of the moment thing, thought to ask my sisters if they were interested in having a girls weekend. The dates and things all came together, and just like that, I'm heading out the beginning of April for a weekend in the Northwest. It was a last minute plan, and will be a quick trip, but something fun and unexpected.
Seeing that my last post was of snow, I am thinking it's time for some new pictures. Hopefully I can get my act in gear and put some newer ones on here before I leave on my trip. No promises on that, though. ;)
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment