... our "captive" butterfly emerged from his chrysalis.
... I harvested two gargantuan zucchinis which I'd previously overlooked.
... I also harvested my first batch of mini decorative pumpkins. There are many more in the pumpkin patch, but I thought I'd leave them to see if they will grow any larger.
... it was time to get out the vacuum cleaner... to take care of our growing cricket problem in the basement.
... we realized it's time to get a new hamster cage. Our current one is quickly falling apart.
... I baked a batch of zweibach; something I hadn't done in months.
... I ordered a new comforter set for Kurt and me. I want to redo our bedroom - new bedding (check!), paint, rugs, pictures, etc. - as a surprise for him.
... was again reminded how blessed we are. So many families are going through such hard times right now; it makes me thankful beyond measure that we have a happy, strong and Christ-centered home.
... I bought our first Christmas gifts online. Woohoo!
... we rejoiced in Ben's positive dentist appointment. His counseling is making progress! And I was also hugely relieved to find out he doesn't need to have as much work done on his teeth as originally planned. Major praises there!
... we kept a crocodile in our tub. Karis bought Nate one of those "grows to 600% size" animals for his birthday. We've had that thing soaking in a plastic tub in our bathtub every since then... and it's only grown 200%. Today I proclaimed it the end of the crocodile growing period, and reclaimed our bathtub.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment