The kids and I just finished participating in our town's production of The Wicked Wizard of Oz. We started practices back in January, so this has been more than a three month process. We had great perfomances this weekend, with only minimal glitches (a botched line here, a stumble there), and a sold out house every single night! The kids are SO tired, but I think they enjoyed their chance to be Munchkins and participate in their first "real" show. Karis, especially, loved being on stage. I had my first minor role as Tree #3. The Chorus had a very minimal part, so I was actually glad to have this silly little tree role to do in addition to that. It was fun, and the audience got a kick out of our lines... and the apple fight, too.
With this all behind us, I am now excited to embark on a new adventure, of sorts. This coming week I am doing a photo-journal of "A Week in the Life" of our family. I'm not sure if this will be the best week to do it as we will still be trying to recooperate from the musical, and there are a few "extra's" to document (the boys have a field trip I'm hoping to attend, a niece's graduation, etc), but I suppose there probably isn't ever a "normal" week to document. So I'm just jumping on board! I'm really looking forward to trying this out. If it goes smoothly enough, I hope to make it an annual event. How cool would it be to document the same week of our lives from year to year?
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment