* The boys are having quite a time adjusting to summer attire. No, I'm not talking about shorts - but rather socks! They are not at all interested in going barefoot or wearing their crocs or sandals without socks. You'd think they would get so hot with socks on! Obviously when we start going to the pool that will have to change.
* Today was a major sleep in day. I didn't wake up until 9!! For me, that's very late. And due to various reasons, the kids didn't get breakfast until 10:30. Uh, I guess that would be considered brunch.
* We have begun to implement a "Jobs Jar" for the summer (and hopefully beyond). Each day the kids pick out a stick which shows what their daily job will be. There are also three yellow sticks which are the weekly jobs - they pick one of those each Monday and that's another job they keep all week long (re: feed/water the cat). So far so good -- they've been very excited and enthusiastic about it. Even excited while they perform their duties. Who'd have known?!

* It's a very windy day today - with thunderstorms and even a possible tornado predicted. So much for having much outside play time for the kiddos. My plans for the day suddenly became indoor plans.
* How come I'm such a procrastinator?? Last night was one of my stamp clubs and it always seems like I'm running around at the last minute putting the finishing touches on everything. And this particular group is an early group. The first couple of ladies arrived 15 minutes early! Even a few minutes before 7:00, which is our meeting time, everyone was here except for one lady. I guess I'll have to change my brain into thinking this group begins at 6:45. :) Any pointers on curing this "wait till it's urgent" problem?
* Still dealing with some strange ailment - this will be going on the sixth day. I'm not sure what to think of it, and at what point to see the doctor. I'm not being incapacitated, just rather inconvenienced by it. But still, not feeling 100%. Hope this changes soon!
* Frodo is being much more tolerant of the kids lately. Usually when they try to pet him, he runs away. But these past few weeks, he's been better at letting them pet him. Which for Nate, is wonderful. He just loves Frodo and is thrilled to be able to "love on" our kitty.
* Karis informed me at dinner tonight that she no longer likes French fries. I asked her if it was because she didn't like the taste of them, or if it was because they aren't good for your heart (something they learned in Health class at school). She said, "Both". Boy, I wish I could learn to not like the taste of them, too!
1 comment:
I feel that time thingy... BTW - Amy sets the clocks ahead five minutes... It doesn't work, but it helps me remeber to check more than one clock when I wonder what time it realy is.
"French Fries are Good" = upcoming sermon title?
Post a Comment