Sunday, July 13, 2008
A Bad Habit
About a week ago when I was doing Karis' hair I thought to myself that it looked like it was getting thin at the top. Hmmmm?? It wasn't anything too bad and hardly noticeable, so I presumed it was just in my mind and that it was normal. Well, not too long ago Karis started this unconscious thing where she twirls her hair or chews on it or just plays with it. And then earlier this week I saw her pulling on her bangs... followed by seeing a few hairs in her fingers. I told her not to do that, since she had pulled out some hairs. Well, this morning as I was doing her hair for church I could see a very definite balding spot there on top.... she's pulling her hair out!! Oh my goodness! This afternoon after church I clipped up her bangs so when she automatically reached up to pull on them, her bangs wouldn't be there. I guess we'll have to figure out some way to get her to stop before this "balding" gets any more noticeable. Yikes! Always something new with this whole parenting thing, I tell ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
evan had a owie on the top of his head that he kept picking at---we kept after him about, but obviously couldn't be w/ him 24/7. until finally it was getting so bad, that it was scarring up and no hair was growing there. i gave him a mirror to see his new "bald spot" and that finally stopped him from picking at it...and yes, it's always something isn't it??? kids, i tell ya...
Post a Comment