Saturday, July 26, 2008

Swimming Lessons

We did private swim lessons again this year. Last year Nate was doing so well, we just put Ben and Karis in the private lessons (to save a few bucks). Now this year we bit the bullet and put them all in private. We found one of the kids' old babysitters was a perfect fit for teaching them. She was a great teacher and the kids really listened to her. And all of the kids did well. As far as my prediction that this would be Karis' year to shine, well, I was a little off. Yes, Karis did very well and made improvements, but it was truly Ben's year to shine. Even surpassing his brother! Probably because he learned how to float on his back - now all of those back strokes are much easier! Poor Nate, both Randa (his teacher) and I have worked on his floating and he just sinks like a rock. One day in lessons after they'd tried yet again with him sinking to the bottom, and both Randa and I chuckling a bit, Nate asked her, "Why do I always go under?" And she replied, "Because you're a boy!" And a little boy with no extra padding to help keep him buoyant. Somehow Ben got it figured out, though. So hopefully Nate won't be too far behind.

**Note... I wrote this post awhile back... as of today, yes, today, Nate is now back floating, too! Yeah!

Here are some pics of our time at lessons:
Photobucket
While one child had his lesson, the other two were able to play in the water while they waited for their turn. It was really great - the pool to enjoy all to ourselves!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(And the chance to go down the slide face first... something not allowed during normal pool hours.)

Photobucket
Good job, kiddos! You did great! :)

No comments: