Sunday, August 17, 2008

Karis Goes to Camp!

I realize this post is a bit late in being entered, but I wanted to be sure to get it in here. At the end of July, Karis got her chance to go to summer camp. The boys had already gone earlier in the summer, but Karis had gotten sick so wasn't able to go with them. We rescheduled her for the last camp of the season - and she was thrilled! I was excited for her, too, sure she'd do okay. Although since it was her first overnight (two nights!) camp experience, I was a bit apprehensive, too. My baby, at camp, for two nights?! Yikes.

I had to laugh, though, because before we left home to head to camp, I asked if she wanted to wear a ball cap to help shield her face from the sun while she was there. And she said, "Yes!!" She is normally not one to wear hats, so I was a little surprised. But she put that cap on and said, "Now I look like a camper!" I guess in her mind campers wore ball caps. Ha!

So on the day camp started, we drove over (just under an hours drive from here), found her counselor, got her settled into her cabin, and she was good to go! (Cap still on... she refused to take it off.) Two days later we went to pick her up - and she'd had a wonderful time! And was still wearing her silly cap. I didn't ask if she wore it the entire time, but I can imagine she probably did. She did go through ALL of the extra clothes I'd sent along, though. Goodness, that girl got dirty!! But she had a great time, so that was all that mattered. And we were thrilled she'd had such a great first time overnight camp experience. Now all of the kids are ready to go again next summer, too!

Here's Karis and her counselor, Stephanie. Karis is a wee bit tired... and I'd asked her to take her cap off for this one picture since I couldn't see her face underneath the brim. :)
Photobucket

No comments: