Monday, August 11, 2008

School Pictures!

No, school hasn't started yet. But we had the kids' pictures taken last week. I'm opting to use these professional pics as the kids "school pictures" instead of paying an arm and a leg for those posed one-shot school portraits where you get what you get, bad hair, half smile and all. So this way, we can choose the best poses, smiles, etc.

Now, before you are all "copyright" concerned, I did purchase the rights to all of these pictures, so it's really okay that I'm posting them here. :)

So here are the kids...
Nate & Ben - age 8 (in one week), 2nd grade (Nate's in the red shirt, Ben's in the blue)
Karis - age 6, 1st grade

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Okay, I realize this is a fun shot of the kids - we had one of the boys done this way in previous years - but how in the world are you supposed to display it? Either way you do, someone is going to be upside down. Next time we get pictures taken, if I see the photographer starting to do this pose, I'm gonna ask her to stop. Just a wasted shot, in my mind.

Photobucket
I should explain about the pictures of Karis. She had a heck of a time smiling naturally. Most of the time she was smiling a tight-lipped, fake smile. We'd try to get her to laugh, but then she'd force the laugh, ending up in another fake smile. *sigh* It took quite awhile to get the ones we have, and even most of these aren't quite the "Karis smile" we all know and love. But they will do. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had some "portrait" shots taken - more in line of what the school ones usually look like - but we like these other ones much better!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just love that last one!! how great!

what great pictures!

Anonymous said...

they turned out great! I love the last one too.

Kristi

Anonymous said...

WOW... the school I went to would never have allowed us to smile for a photo.. :)