....or at least I know some of you can. :) Here's what just played out at the Andres household:
I was unloading the dishwasher when I came to some sippy cups our neighbor boys had used the other day. I had had to dig them out from the back of our cupboards back when they used them, so went to get the step stool so I could reach to put them back into the far recesses of the cupboard again.
Walked into the hall where the step stool was, and saw I had a container sitting on it. The container needed to go downstairs, and hey, the laundry down there was in need of flipping over, anyway, so I grabbed the container and headed to the basement.
I put the container away, then determined which load of laundry to do next. Got those clothes out and treated them w/ stain remover.
I like to let my stain stuff sit for awhile before throwing the clothes into the washer, so while the stain remover soaked in, I went to my stamp stuff and worked on a few thank you cards.
While at my stamping counter, I noticed a stamp set sitting there that I needed to deliver to a customer. Yikes! I'd almost forgotten about that. I put the stamp set by the door so I wouldn't forget to bring it upstairs.
Back to the laundry again. Threw the washed clothes into the dryer, and put the sufficiently soaked stain-removered clothes into the wash.
Grabbed the stamp set, then as I was starting to head upstairs, saw the paper towels on our pantry shelf down there. Oh - I need some of those upstairs, too.
Came upstairs and put the stamp set in the box w/ the other orders to deliver.
Put the paper towels on my new rooster paper towel holder.
Turned around and saw the open dishwasher.
Oh yeah, I had gone to get the step stool so I could reach to put those sippy cups away.
Yup, no wonder it takes me half an hour to unload the dishwasher!!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my word I was laughing hilariously as I read this post! I could TOTALLY relate!!! Only I'm impressed that it only took you 1/2 hour to unload the dishwasher - it can easily take me 45min with all the "distractions". I love how you just share everyday life on your blog...it's refreshing. Love & miss you!
Dana K.
That is hilarious....thanks for the laugh!
yep....you are right! i CAN relate.
funny!
Stuff like that used to happen to me when I was younger...
Post a Comment