Friday, October 17, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes - Part V

Here we go again! Another funny from yesterday.

After school yesterday the boys were outside playing football with our neighbor boy "coach" as well as their other classmate, Nathan, who comes to join them. (Yes, he goes by Nathan - so things aren't too confusing.) Part way into their game the boys all come running inside saying some high school boys are out looking for Nathan. I presume this was to taunt or tease him. ? Anyway, so the four boys are inside watching out the windows while Karis is alone outside just wandering around, trying to find something to play with. I mentioned to the boys that Karis was outside and they said, "Oh, those high school boys don't know her so she's fine." It was all some kind of game, I guess, so I wasn't too worried. So the older boys drove away after a couple of rounds around the block - their little "game" was over.

As the boys headed back outside to continue their football game, Karis came up onto the deck and announced that if those big boys had caused any trouble, she and her brothers know TaeKwonDo!

Oh, my sweetie - I can just see it! Three young grade schoolers taking on the high schoolers with their expert TaeKwonDo moves. (Please note that our kids are all still white belts, so have much to learn. ;) But it was just very cute to see Karis ready to "stand up" for her brothers and friends with what she knew how to do. You go, girl!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute!