This was a day full of "From the Mouths of Babes" entries. This morning Kurt and I went to church separately - and the kids split up between us. I took Karis with me in the van, and he took the boys with him in his truck. Well, Karis and my drive was filled with exclamations, observations, etc, that made me smile. The little sweetie was chock full of them this morning! But my short memory can't do them justice by now.
Tonight she had a couple more, though. Here's what transpired...
Before putting the kids to bed, Kurt and I had a talk with them about the circumstances of the weekend. Not anything we wanted to have to talk to them about, but needed to be done. After our talk, I went in to read our nightly devotions and tuck each of them into bed. The boys had some more questions about our earlier discussion, which I discretely answered. Then onto Karis. Again, she had some more questions. One was in reference to her friends dad in jail - and I said that what he did was so wrong that he could possibly be in jail for 20 years. Her eyes got really big and she asked:
"Will I be in heaven by then?!!"
Despite the seriousness of the conversation, I couldn't help but grin. The concept of time is so hard to grasp at this age. :)
And with the mention of "heaven", we were into another whole discussion about that.
And finally, the kisses and hugs before lights out. After the kisses, Karis asked, "You'll be in heaven before I am, right?"
And I said, "I'm sure I will."
To which she replied, "Can you give God the last kiss I gave you? And Jesus the second to last kiss?"
I said, "You bet!"
And she just beamed.
How can you not smile at that?! :)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are the REAL "Precious Moments"
HI--came across your blog via Lysa's. Just keep writing those precious moments down. Speaking from the mouth of a mom with teens, you think you are going to remember--and you don't! God bless!
Post a Comment