So, here we are in mid-October. It's high time to be thinking Halloween costumes! (Yes, we do let the kids dress up. No, we do not necessarily care for the holiday.) Last year the kids had a ball being the Three Muskateers. And as I mentioned back then, it's been so fun to have the kids in "threesome themes" over the years. Well, this year I decided not to press the issue and let them figure out what they wanted to be - with no pressure from mom. ;)
Before I get into this years costume choices, first let me explain that for costumes I generally try to put something together myself, rather than purchase the spendy store-bought get-ups. (Although by the time you break it all down, I'm probably spending just as much considering my time, etc.) Anyhoo... so onto this year's costume ideas....
Karis has known what she's wanted to be for weeks now - a black cat. That'll be an easy one to pull off. Black hooded sweatshirt w/ ears sewn on... black sweats... add a tail... and she's good to go!
Nate finally decided he wants to be a pirate. Another easy one to pull together.
Then Ben. Hmmmm. What to think of Ben. He proudly proclaimed that he wanted to be.... a Bus Driver. A what? A Bus Driver. Oh. I guess I did hear you correctly. And now... oh dear... how in the world do you put together a Bus Driver costume? What does it actually consist of? A policeman style hat, of sorts. A blue "uniform", of sorts. Definitely a BIG sign that says, "Bus Driver" pinned on there somewhere. Poor guy - no one would know what he was supposed to be without some kind of sign!
Then just yesterday, Ben came up to me and announced that he had changed his mind. He no longer wants to be a Bus Driver. Now he wants to be a pirate, like Nate. *sigh* or rather... *SIGH* That would be one mom who's hugely relieved to be off the hook of finding a Bus Driver Costume. Whew!
Now we'll just see if these selections remain, or if they'll change their minds again!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Darn it, I was waiting to see what you came up with for the bus driver! :)
Yeah, I was curious to see how you'd pull off the bus driver... you are so creative, I knew you'd be able to, but sure wanted to see how! ;) I was about ready to call my friend Beth who IS a bus driver in St. Paul, MN...
I haven't even had time to give thought to the whole Halloween costume thing. Crud.... it'll be all last minute, I presume.
Post a Comment