Thursday, November 01, 2007

All for One... and One for All!

Well, my secret little wish came true.... I managed to get our kids dressed as the Three Muskateers for Halloween this year! I enjoy doing "group" themes with the kids, especially with twins, and also since they're all so close in age. A few years ago the boys were a pair of dice. (VERY cute, by the way.) Then a couple of years ago the boys were both carrots and Karis was the rabbit. But last year I saw this Three Muskateer idea and knew I wanted to give it a go with the kiddos. Although that was only if I could persuade THEM to want to do it! So I actually started throwing out the idea quite awhile ago, and we even watched the Disney movie of it, once, too. So they were all psyched and ready to be the "Threesome". Yeah! Well, the morning of my trip to Lincoln to get the costume material, I was dropping the kids off at school, when Karis pipes up that she no longer wants to be a Muskateer. Aggh! I told her we'd talk about it all later, as that was definitely not the time to have to sit and rethink our entire costume decisions. I went ahead and proceeded to my shopping and got the material, hoping she'd change her mind. And thankfully, over the course of the past couple of weeks, she did. I really tried to play it up as such a GREAT idea, etc, etc. So, with material in hand, I proceeded to making the costumes. As always, it took longer than I thought, but in the end, I was very pleased with how everything turned out. Their hats weren't exactly what I'd wanted, but worked, nonetheless. As the kids were out trick-or-treating last night, most people could see who the kids were supposed to be. Yet there were a few that you could tell weren't quite sure what the theme was. One lady said, ".... Cowboys? Hmmm, no...." and then I let her off the hook. Ha! Kurt didn't get how people could NOT tell who they were supposed to be. "It was obvious!" he said. So, here are my little Muskateers, thoroughly enjoying their costumes. (And the chance to "fight" with "swords". :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Stacey said...

The outfits were cute. Here's an idea for next year...a skeleton, a doctor, and a nurse!!! I got a skeleton outfit at a garage sale and the lady said one year her kids were a doctor and a skeleton. Thought it was a cute idea, and with three, just add a nurse!

Thursday I got Charles a costume for next year--Elmo. All the costumes were 50% off!

Wish they could've been here to trick-or-treat with PJ, Brookelyn, Elena, and Charles. They had a BLAST!!! Maybe the next time it's on a weekend you can join us for the fun. It's a tradition to go to Mom & Dad's and go together. Mom & Dad have lots of houses with kids (ie lots of candy to gather) and it's much safer than the Brown's neighborhood.

Kari said...

well, i couldn't tell who they were---but by the time i got to see them all they had on was turtlenecks on ;) but, had i seen them all dressed up i would have known for sure!!

next year, 3 blind mice? (or did you do that one already?) OR cat in the hat, thing 1 and thing 2....