Monday, January 05, 2009

If I Were A Gift

When I was cleaning out the kids' backpacks the other day, I found these little projects that Nate did in class prior to Christmas. The project is a folded present, and when you unfold it, it has written inside, "If I were a gift.... " then Nate filled in the rest. He made three gifts. One was for his friend Kyle. It was something about being a pizza because Kyle loves pizza. Here are the other two "gifts":

If I were a gift, I'd be a Nintendo DS. I would give myself to Ben because he has always wanted one. From: Nate

So, that was sweet and very loving to think of his brother that way. Now comes the other one. I seriously laughed out loud on this one:

If I were a gift, I'd be a couch. I would give myself to my mom because one of her couches has a hole in it and she really needs a new couch. From: Nate

Ha! He was right on the money on that one. But I just thought it was too funny that that was what he thought to give me. A couch. Of all things! Yes, he's heard us talking about how much we really do need new furniture, but to put it as one of his school project subjects? It just tickled my funny bone.

No comments: