Yes, the telltale signs of Spring are here.
We had our first Spring thunderstorm back when I was in Oregon. And actually, it resulted in a tornado warning, and a subsequent trip down to the basement. So I suppose last week when we had a second thunderstorm, it was understandable that the kids were all quite scared. They were concerned that the power would go out, the lightening would cause a fire, and a tornado might form. But alas, it was a "minor" storm and no such things occurred.
And yes, the spiders have emerged. I have discovered a few visitors down in the basement, so suppose it's time to put out some spray for the little buggers so they stay out of the house.
Then lastly, our dear reptilian yard guests have shown themselves, as well. I knew it was time for their appearance, so had been keeping an eye out for them as of late. The first one we saw was at the neighbor's. Then yesterday when I mowed the lawn, a baby one got in my way and is no more. (And I am absolutely serious when I say it got in my way. I didn't even see him until it was too late. No, aside from my previous posts about my dislike of the creatures, I do not mow out of my way to kill them. Granted, I won't swerve out of my way to avoid them, either. ;) Ha!) Regardless, they are here for the season. It appears we have more holes in the lawn this year, so we'll see if we have a larger population emerging as the weather continues to warm up.
Now, I realize I am posting about negative Spring indicators. Even though I do tend to lean more toward the pessimistic side of things, know that there have been just as many positive indicators of Spring as well. Like.... Green and Sunshine and Flowers... Oh, My!! :) So I'll try to focus on these more positive elements, rather than the negative ones.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
RE: your twitter comment about karis--gillian wanted to run through the sprinkler yesterday!
Ah, those girls! ;) Too funny! We'll have to get together for a "sprinkler play date" with those two on a nice day.
Post a Comment