The biscuits are waiting... ready to go in the oven. I just got distracted and forgot to turn the oven on before mixing them up. So, while the biscuits and I wait for the oven to preheat, I thought I'd drop a quick post to my blog.
Well, four of the five of us are home today. The kiddos caught one of the bugs going around out here. It started with Karis. This past Wednesday morning she had a slight cough, but nothing major. Then just a couple hours later I had to pick her up from school - she had a fever. She's had fever, cough and chills ever since. I did take her to the doctor on Friday just to make sure it wasn't influenza, but he didn't seem to think she had that. And ear infection, but no influenza. Then Friday Ben woke up with just a slight fever. Not high enough to keep him from school (the school's "rule" is 100 or above), but close enough that I thought he'd better stay home and rest. And good thing... by the afternoon his fever was well over 100. Saturday both Ben and Karis slept a majority of the day, while Nate played by himself. And Nate did quite well on his own - he probably thrived on the chance to do what HE wanted!! Ha! But, he was coughing a bit on Saturday. Then come Sunday morning, Nate got the fever, too. Kurt and I both were involved in church, so the kiddos came along and camped out w/ their blankets while we had practice. Right after we finished with our singing, we left the service early to get the sick munchkins back home.
Now today, they are all still sick. I've heard the bugs going around are long lasting, and at least from Karis' perspective, that seems to be the case. Looking at my week ahead, the only major "event" is the kids' Pinecar Derby race on Wednesday night. At this rate, I'm not sure what their level of participation will be. Kurt or I may have to go race for them. (They have been SO excited and looking forward to this for weeks and weeks now.) But other than that, we'll just be laying low. So far Kurt and I are doing okay. He took some "windshield time" last night -- just really needed to get out of the house. I'm sure I'll be needing the same before too long. :)
Well, the oven beeped - so breakfast will be ready soon. And the kids are ready. :) (Thank goodness their appetites have returned!) Biscuits and eggs for everyone.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i've never heard of 'windshield time'.....is that something oregonian? ;)
glad people are feeling better...how 'bout you? are you 100% yet?
Post a Comment