Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Day in the Life

Just a post that includes a few random tidbits of a day in the Andres household.... to be exact - Yesterday!

So, we've been living in this snow-land for weeks now! And even the kids, who usually really love the snow, are starting to ask when it will be Spring. :) But even despite the cravings for some warmer temperatures, they still take the occasional moment to run in the white stuff - usually when they're walking home from the bus after school. And this is a sight I see pretty much every day...
Photobucket
Yep, that's Karis - eating the snow. She absolutely LOVES to eat snow. I frequently see her walking up the steps of the back deck with a wad of snow in her hands and she's munching away on it. But on this day, I had to get some pictures of her writing her name in the snow... and nibbling some inbetween each letter.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
She just cracks me up. :)

Okay, so with this cold January we're having, I took some other pictures - but inside this time.
Photobucket
Yep, this has been our view for quite awhile. (Had to get a shot in for Kari - with my new snowman suncatcher!)

Here's a different view:
Photobucket
We'll see if you can figure out why exactly I took this picture. Hmmmm. There's an awfully cute portrait of the kids on the bench there. Yes, that's true. And you can see that one of my little African Violets is starting to bloom. But what I'm shooting for is... the LIGHT. Yes, even though it's cold outside, we are still seeing the sun, too. And you know what that means....

Photobucket
A purrrfect spot for Frodo! He's lovin' all that sun. Ha!

This next picture is of our dryer -
Photobucket
I know, WHY on earth would I put a picture in of our dryer? Well, I already told you that these were just random tidbits of our life - and this is it! Laundry galore! But actually the reason I took this picture of the dryer was that as of yesterday (and still today, too, as I'm typing), I am ON TRACK with my laundry! Yes, it's true! I'm not pulling your leg. It very well may be a mini miracle, but it's true. I have struggled for what seems like forever to get laundry "caught up", until I found a new system that I started a few months back. Now, I got off the track after our trip to Oregon, and it took me awhile to get back to the regular routine again. But now that I'm back in the groove, it feels great! Now, don't be surprised if in a few days I'm behind on it all again, but hey, as of NOW, I'm doin' good. Hooray!

Photobucket
Yes, another picture of the dryer... AND our new window! We had a few basement windows that still needed replacing, and Kurt and his dad replaced this one last weekend. What was there before wasn't even a window - just what "used" to be a window but had been covered up with a wood board and foam. Lovely. But now, yes now, I have an actual window in this little laundry space. And I love having the light flood in there!

Here's the shot from my new window:
Photobucket
...which was actually kind of pretty (if you can get past the window screen). Okay, and yes, you are seeing that correctly. There in the middle of the bushes are... Christmas lights. We haven't taken down any of our outside Christmas lights because of the cold and snow. So there they sit, waiting for a warmer day.

Then looking out of my laundry area across my crafting room, I saw this:
Photobucket
Frodo LOVES to jump up into this basement window (which he can reach because there's a counter underneath it).. and get some more of that awesome sunshine!

And just so you aren't misled to think that I'm this all put-together person who has her laundry on track, well... just take a peek ...
Photobucket
AAaaach! Okay, let's move on now...

...onto something more positive. Like music!
Photobucket
This is a snippit of my iTunes song list. I added three new songs to it yesterday! How fun! I can't decide which one of the three I like best... it's a tie between Call on Jesus by Nicole C Mullen and God With Us by Mercy Me. I can't get enough of those! Now you have to know, our kids really enjoy these iTunes. Kurt has over 150 songs on his list - mostly stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Like songs from the Bee Gees, Air Supply, Bruce Springsteen, the Eagles, Bryan Adams, Chuck Berry, Billy Joel, Supertramp, Barry Manilow, Cher, the Backstreet Boys... you get the picture. So some of our kids' favorites? Brown Eyed Girl, Earth Angel, Separate Lives, Kiss Me, and Africa. It really cracked me up because we were all out shopping a few weeks ago and one of these old songs came on at the store, and one of the kids pipes up, "Hey, they're playing Johnny B Goode!" I just had to smile.

So, I've left the best picture for last. (I know, I know, how could they get any better?!) But this was definitely the excitement of our day. Nate, our first born, was the first child to.....
Photobucket
...lose his top front tooth! Woohoo! He was quite excited about it. Although I have to admit, that my new name for him is "Snaggle Tooth". His remaining front tooth is just hanging there at this funny angle. It will be coming out any day now, too. But it's just fun to see his smile now... it takes me by surprise every time he opens his mouth.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little snapshot of life at the Andres house. :) Maybe my next "A Day in the Life" will be when it's sunny and WARM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have an eye for great pictures...whenever i try to take these types of pics, they just never turn out the way i'd planned!

i love the ones of frodo....is he going stir-crazy being inside all the time? our cats want to go out--then rem. how cold it is, then change their minds. they are getting tired of being indoors!

and hey...that suncatcher doesn't look too bad catching the sun!! ;)