This afternoon Karis called for me. But this time, it wasn't the nonchalant, come-look-what-I-did kind of calling. It was urgent. An "I need you NOW!" type of calling She was upstairs and I could hear her nearly screaming for me. "Mommy, come quick! Mommy! Mommy!" All I could think of was that the toilet was overflowing, or some other kind of major mess. She yelled, "Mommy! I can't do it! Mommy!". Oh dear. It must be the toilet! (Not that we have toilet overflow problems, but I knew she'd just gone up there to use the bathroom, so it was the first thing on my mind.) Okay, now I'm running, no sprinting, up the stairs (well, as fast as my surely arthritic knees would take me).... gearing myself up for the devastation I would run into. Her frantic-ness wasn't getting any less as I rounded the corner into the bathroom. And what was it? What was the cause for this frantic "Mahh-mmeeeEEE!!!" ???..... Poor Ken's plastic sunglasses had fallen into the toilet and were there floating on top. *sigh* I calmed Karis down and reassured her that it wasn't the end of the world. "Mommy would save them!" Ha. And I did. No harm done. Well, except for this Mommy's blood pressure.

Hey, I'm Ken - and me and Barbie here are second-hand Barbie dolls that belong to Karis. Like my neck? I can't seem to get my head on all the way. Oh, but don't worry. It doesn't hurt. And yeah, these sunglasses. Aren't they SO cool?! I just love wearing them - and looking just, oh so cool. See, even Barbie can't get her eyes off of me! What do you think of her haircut? I personally don't really care for it, but if she's happy with it, I'm happy. We're heading off for a trip to the beach. Mmmmmmm - all that warm sun and sand. Doesn't it sound wonderful?!! ("YES!!!") Anyway, we need to be going. Nice to see that I made Karis' mommy's blog. I knew the day would come. Chao!
2 comments:
THIS is hilarious!!! oh my....
i'm going from tears to laughter here!! lol
That's hilarious... and KEN - I know how you feel. My neck feels like yours looks today.
Post a Comment