This is one of my Grandpa and his family. Just love those old family portrait shots. My grandpa is the oldest boy in the back row - second from the left:

I don't know the history behind this picture, but it just looks so cool.

Then one of my Grandpa and Grandma just enjoying each other. Very sweet.

And their wedding portrait. I just love the old wedding portraits!

And a shot of Grandpa and his three boys. My dad is the blonde one on the left. I just think this picture is so "caught in the moment" - just a great every day memory caught with the camera.

And then one from not as long ago... well, actually, it was taken 30 years ago. (gasp!) I remember this picture. At the time, my Grandpa was the janitor at our elementary school. And my sisters and I and our two cousins were all at that school, too. So the people from the local newspaper came and took a picture of Grandpa and his five granddaughters. I remember being so excited to be taken out of class to go have this picture taken. Can you figure out which one is me??

Okay, I'll tell you. I'm the youngest of the bunch - the blonde one sitting in between Grandpa and my giggling cousin, Mel.
Now a shot from just a few years ago. This one is of Grandpa and Karis. Karis was 15 months old at the time. And this was probably one of the last pictures that was taken of him. But the reason why we wanted to get one of the two of them together is that they share the same birth day - April 11. A neat connection to her great grandpa, who Karis sadly never had the privilege of getting to know. So a cherished shot of them together.

Okay, and I saved my all time favorite for last. It's another old time shot of Grandpa and Grandma - just as sweet as you get:
2 comments:
Those are sweet pictures... I love the ones of your gma and gpa just being together... and those were some sweet old cars too!
Did your grand-dad ever "do time" for shooting an eagle? Just wondering...
those are such awesome pics! i'd like to comment on each one, but that'd get too confusing/difficult.
i guessed which little girl was you because it looks just like ben & nate! oh my goodness!
these are great pictures---truly a treasure!
Post a Comment