Their first course of action, heading into a "girls weekend" together, was the trampoline.

Then for some reason they got intrigued by the grass. I know, I don't quite understand it, but how sweet are these two, side by side, having 5-year old girl conversations while laying in the grass?

The swings got quite a bit of attention that weekend, too.

And then on Saturday my father-in-law came to take the boys out to a movie - something special just for them (... and to give me a bit of a break as I was a single parent that weekend). So the girls decided to wait outside for him - watching for him to arrive - oh, a mere half hour before he was scheduled to arrive. They didn't seem to mind. Sitting there on the corner, chatting up a storm.

So while the boys were off with Grandpa, I thought we girls should go do something fun and a little special, too. So we headed down to the park. Now of the 30+ shots of the girls on the slide (I know, I know - that's a little over the top), this one's my favorite:

Did these girls take advantage of their weekend together, or what?!! :)
2 comments:
i just showed my girl the pictures. she said that they were pretending to be cows---that explains the grass one...AND why they were trying to EAT it!!! ;)
these are so cute...i will definitely need some prints of those!
i was just looking at these pictures again.
i couldn't help but think of my friendship w/ my girlhood friend--and then couldn't help but hope that our girls can have a long-lasting friendship like mine & becky's....we were in 2&3 yr. olds sunday school class together and are still close today!
Post a Comment