Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Oh, the Honesty

This is yet another great thing our sweet daughter has said. Last night I was helping her with her shower - rinsing that hair requires some help from Mommy. So I was trying to get the soap out for her and she was looking into my face just so intently. I was nearly ready to ask what she was thinking, when she provided me with the information. "Mommy, you have a black eye." Just so straightforward. I'm sure she was wondering exactly why I had a black eye, therefore, she brought up the subject. I told her, oh, it was probably some make-up - like I'd rubbed my eye or something and smeared some mascara or eyeliner underneath my eye. She was fine with that answer. "Okay." Well, once her hair was rinsed and she was getting out of the shower, I took a peek in the mirror. And lo and behold, I did not have make-up under my eye like I was expecting to see. Nope. Just dark circles. *sigh*

No comments: