Thursday, April 24, 2008

Karis turns SIX!!

Yes, our "little" girl is fast becoming a not-so-little girl. She's growing up before our eyes! In fact today I asked Kurt, "How can we get her to stop?!" :)

So, the birthday pictures! Here they are! And what a birthday Karis had. We told her she could invite four girl friends to go roller skating - so she helped me make up some invitations...
Photobucket
Now how cute is that?! I had so much fun putting this little goodie together. I saw the idea on someone else's blog, and personalized it to be a roller skate. You pull out the white card and the party stats are printed at the bottom.

On her actual birthday, she woke up to what has become a birthday tradition... a little banner of sorts taped over the doorway in her room.
Photobucket
(Pardon the dark pics... my camera has a broken flash and we are procrastinating the step (and financial commitment) it would take to fix it. :(

For the party (which was a couple of days after her birthday), one of the girls ended up not coming, so it was Karis and three girl friends. Which proved to be plenty!! I had figured in my head how it would work - how many adults we had, how many kids... yeah, it should be okay. But boy, oh boy, when we got to skating, it turned out much different than I thought. For me, it was a very stressful time. The girls had a great time, thankfully. They were oblivious to the "stress". ;)

Following skating we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and cake/presents. This part of the celebration went much smoother. The kids were hungry, so ate well, then of course gobbled down the cake...
Photobucket

Afterward, we went outside for a quick photoshoot, and this was my all-time favorite shot of the day:
Photobucket

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!

No comments: