We had Parent/Teacher conferences this past week - which went very well. All of the kids are doing great, and we couldn't be more proud. Yeah!
When it was our turn to see the boys' teacher, part way through the meeting she asked us if we knew what we wanted to do with the boys next year - keep them together in the same class like this year, or put them in separate rooms. Well, we hadn't discussed this yet, although now realized we should work towards making that decision. So we took some time to talk about it, look over the progress both boys have made this year, and discussed the idea with them as well. And we made our decision. (drum roll, please)....... We decided to have them in separate classes next year! And I have to say that I am very excited about this decision. I had actually been noticing their behavior here at home, and wondering if they were just having too much time together. All day at school, as well as at home. So I'm looking forward to this new adventure for them next year in 2nd grade. (Although for me, it will be interesting to have three separate teachers/schedules/homework to contend with!!)
I also remembered something the boys' teacher asked us at the meeting. She asked if the boys had made much progress / changes in the past few years. And looking back to their preschool years, it blows my mind that we are already at the place where we can separate them in school. They have come SO far, even in just the past year. Their independence and ability to socialize with the other kids and not be reliant on each other - this really is a huge blessing. I remember so well two/three years ago when I would struggle with how to deal with them and agonize about how to get them to become relaxed and self-assured around others. And to see them now... Wow. Yes, they continue to have their moments of apprehension, but we've come a long way. God is so good!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment