Sunday, March 09, 2008

Oooooh - Something crafty!

Okay, so I never figured I'd post any of my artwork or crafty kind of creations on this blog - figured I'd save that for the artwork section of my business website. But this afternoon I finished something I've wanted to make for a number of months now. And I'm just so giddy about it, I had to share. :) Plus, it will eventually become a decoration in my stamp room, which I'll be posting pictures of at a later date anyway. Just consider this a little preview. :)

Here's my newest little goodie:
Photobucket

I saw this idea back in October and knew immediately I wanted to take that same idea and make it my own. I found the frame shortly after that, and finally picked up the final pieces last week. So with all the supplies I needed, this weekend was my time to put it all together. To explain the color combination.... my stamp room walls are green, as you saw in my "Green Wall" post. So I made the "Ff" letters to match the walls (they are green - it's hard to see in the picture). The accent colors of my room are red and orange - hence the red frame w/ a few orange touches. There are about 10 pictures hanging on the little hooks, which I thought was a fun and creative way to display recent pics.

So there you go! I realize most of you won't be as excited about this as I am - but this at least gives you a little glimpse into some of the crafty things I enjoy doing. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very, very nice!! VERY nice! you are so clever, creative and talented

Anonymous said...

Love it! It is so nice and will go SO well in your craft room. I love how you did both the upper and lower case letters - and added the words and little flowers - you are so creative! :)

One question - does the picture part slip all the way off the hooks so you can flip the picture over and then put it back on or do you just flip it up to look at the other pictures? Does that make sense?

Thanks for sharing with us early....I love all your creative stuff. :)
Dana K.

Danelle said...

Dana - to answer your question. Yes, the pictures actually come off of the hooks. I think the original example wasn't set up like that, but I thought I would want to swap out my pictures every so often - so made them removable. :) Hope that helps! :)