Oh yeah, I just found a surprise visitor in my laundry room. I knew these little boogers would be peeking their heads out come Spring/Summer, but figured it would just be outside. Not in our home, with us. Ewwww. I just get the shivers thinking about it. And if you've been reading my posts for the past year, you may have a guess as to what this little "visitor" is. And if you have no idea.... I'll give ya a clue. It slithers and has no legs. Yup - snake season has come. Last year was a really (and I mean really) bad year with snakes in our yard. And as I've mentioned before, our entire town has snake issues. Last Fall Kurt's dad (who has been helping work on our house) sealed and insulated a portion of our basement. While tearing out the old insulation, he found quite a few snake skins. (As in 15+, I think.) He sealed that entire portion so there were no gaps or holes where these little guys could come in.
Well, about half an hour ago I found that they obviously have another way of entry. We'll have to figure that one out before we have any more visitors! And actually, for living here just shy of four years, the guy I found this morning is the third snake in our basement. Granted, the other two were dead and this one is ALIVE, but considering our problem outside, it's a wonder there haven't been more inside. I guess the part of me that shivers is the thought that yes, there probably are more inside, we just don't know about them. Ewwwwww. Thankfully, they've just been in the basement (the unfinished part), and they're only garter snakes.
Now I'll just sit and wait for Kurt to get home for lunch. Despite my earlier years of being a tomboy, I'm leaving the "capture and disposal" of our visitor up to him.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what! no pictures!! lol
Post a Comment