As far our a "first", that came about near the end of our skating time. The kids were doing okay on their own, and Kurt's dad took turns helping each of them as they needed it. Well, I was with one of the boys when Kurt skated up next to us and sort of pulled me and Nate apart. Then Kurt took my hand and we went off, just the two of us. Now, Kurt is quite an experienced skater - having grown up skating quite a bit, and being very much at ease in the rink. I, on the other hand, am not an experienced skater and was a bit reluctant to even help the kids - fearing I wouldn't be much of a support to them if they were going to fall, etc. So, here we were, skating around, hand-in-hand... Kurt effortlessly, and me being more mechanical about it. But I have to say, it was just a sweet, sweet time. I couldn't help but be reminded of teenagers dating and holding hands while they skated. :) And what was so funny was that this was the first time that Kurt and I had ever skated together. Both of the times we'd gone with the kids, one of us was always with one of them. So it was nice to just enjoy this time the two of us. :)
Now for some pics. Sadly, I didn't have my camera on the right setting, so most of the pictures I took ended up being very blurry, but here are a few salvageable ones....



I had to get a shot of them doing the Hokey Pokey! :)

1 comment:
you were at Skate Island...I used to go there every weekend when I was little! I haven't taken my kids yet but now that you brought back so many memories I better do it!
Kristi
Post a Comment