As a mom, I just had the ULTIMATE privilege. I was able to lead all three of our children in prayer to ask Jesus into their heart! Praise God!!
We had been reading stories from one of their Bible story books as well as doing the Resurrection eggs last week leading up to Easter. All of them have been showing soft and open hearts as we've read and discussed just what exactly Easter means and why Jesus died on the cross. With the final story read last night, I had intended to approach each of them directly about this big decision, but just as we were heading into that, the boys started getting silly and rowdy and the moment was lost. So tonight I decided to go over it with them again.... individually. Which we did. And they were sincere and so excited to pray and ask Jesus to forgive them and come into their heart. It was just a truly special time.
It was also neat to see their individual prayers. Yes, they repeated the words after me, but each one was unique. Nate didn't want me to finish explaining things - he was ready to pray right now. He held his folded hands up to his face, covering his eyes. Halfway through, after he had repeated some of the words, he took his hands down, thinking he was finished. But I kept praying. So back went the hands over his eyes for the next phrase. Then back down... and back up. He did that at least three times. It was very cute.
When it was Ben's turn, he sat next to me on his bed and was a little squirmy. Still trying to wind down from the day. Yet as I was going over everything and asking him various questions, he was very knowledgeable. And when he was ready to pray, he repeated my words with such sincerity. Very sweet.
Karis was probably the most excited of the three. Like Nate, she couldn't wait to get to the prayer. She was sitting on my lap with her hands folded oh so tightly - with her fingernails still half way painted pink from Easter. Yet when she repeated the words I was saying, it was very mechanical. It sort of took me by surprise. But I suppose she wasn't used to "repeat after me" prayers. When she was finished, though, the excitement was overwhelming. She immediately said she now wanted to go to the Christian school so she could learn all about Jesus! Awwww. :)
You're probably wondering about the title to this post. Well, our church here has a tradition that when someone makes a decision to follow Christ, they (or the person who lead them to the Lord) get to put a rose in a vase up on the platform. It's a big deal to get up in front of everyone - and then there's cheering and clapping after their salvation story is told. So, tonight as we were putting the kids to bed, I suddenly remembered about the roses, so told each of the kids that they will now get to put a rose in the vase at church. They were just thrilled - to say the least.
So, I sit here... having cried quite a few tears already this evening. But they are tears of JOY! This is the day Kurt and I have longed for and prayed for. And we are ecstatic!! :) We hope you'll join us in this awesome celebration!! Woohoo!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment