Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Blonde Moment

Okay, so my hair may not be very blonde any more, but that doesn't mean I'm exempt from doing "blonde" things. Ha! And the other evening was my moment to shine. I had made a nice meal for the family, including some asparagus I'd gotten for Kurt. I knew he likes it, and had found a new (and easy!) recipe for it. So I made it special, just for him. He got home from work and I was getting the final things finished from the meal. The asparagus were in the oven, nearly ready to come out. When they were done, I took them out and had Kurt come over to see them. I asked if they looked okay - if they were done enough. (I asked him because when he usually eats asparagus, he's fixed them himself.) He looked at them and just grinned and gave me a big hug and said, "Oh, Honey", giggling away. I'm all, "What? What did I do? What's wrong" ... completely taken back by his response - unsure of what in the world I could have done wrong. He told me you actually cook the top end of the asparagus, not the bottom. *sigh* So here were all of these asparagus tops in our garbage can, with the tough, fibrous bottoms buttered and seasoned and cooked for eating. *sigh* I can just say that I won't be making that mistake again. (And yes, I'm okay if you're laughing at me. I can laugh about it now, too! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reason #37 not to eat asparagus...